MyPolitics-Forum.com

Go Back   MyPolitics-Forum.com > Politics Discussion > Polls

» Welcome, Guest!
Welcome to MyPolitics-Forum.com, brought to you by the same folks who bring you MyMedia-Forum.com.
Thanks for dropping by! Is the page too narrow for your preference? Once you register, you will be able to set it to your liking! You will need to register before you can post, so why not get it out of the way now? Enjoy! :)
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the legality of abortion?
It should be illegal under all circumstances, no exceptions. 2 4.17%
It should be illegal except when mother's life is threatened. 6 12.50%
It should be illegal except for cases of rape/incest. 1 2.08%
It should be illegal except for cases of rape/incest, or mother's life is threatened. 2 4.17%
It should be legal, but with some restrictions. 24 50.00%
It should be legal with no restrictions. 13 27.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 15th, 2009, 04:33 AM
saving the world, one gsd at a time

Default Re: Abortion?

The entire argument comes down to a women's right to privacy. And it is that right that allow her to choose what to do with her body. I am firmly in the pro choice camp, not just because I feel strongly about EVERY patient's right to privacy but also because back alley abortions were, once upon atime, very real and very dangerous to desperate women.

Now, that said, I doubt seriously if I found myself unexpectedly pregnant that I would choose abortion. But that is what is important, I have a CHOICE. And for all of the pro life people out there, that is what is great, you have the CHOICE to say "I believe in life and would have an abortion". But I don't feel it is a decision that one person should get to make for another. That decision should be between a woman and her doctor.

So, in conclusion, I will say I agree with WS in that I wish we would do more to prevent unwanted pregnancies and the need for abortions. I also really, really wish that all of the people who like to picket outside of clinics, donate massive amounts of money, lobby their congressmen and women, ect would take a percentage of that money and effort and use it to help the unwanted children who are already here, living and suffering in this country. The ones who are abused and neglected, or the ones social services has already placed in overcrowded foster homes. I spent many years seeing so many of these "throw away" kids come in to the ER. Stop worrying about the tiny clump of cells that haven't been born yet and please, help that 3 year old who has been burned by the person who should have been the one person he could love and trust.
Old December 24th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Conservative

A baby changes everything!! It's true!!

Merry Christmas!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Conservative

Illegal except when the life of the mother is TRULY threatened. (which I believe is very rarely!)
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Plunderer
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutterby View Post
Illegal except when the life of the mother is TRULY threatened. (which I believe is very rarely!)

Flutterby,

You might find this interesting; I just finished reading the book "What the dog hears". There is an interesting section on how the birth control pill was invented and why. It was invented by a very religion catholic who was looking for a way to help control births beyond the only sanctioned form of birth control: the rhythm method. At first the church got behind it. Then they said no, the pill was interfering with gods will. So the church banned the pill and the inventor became a broken recluse. (there was a lot more to the story that has nothing to do with this thread
Spoiler: good info for women
It turns out that when they invented the pill, they chose to allow the pill to give you 12 periods a year. This is actually very bad for your system, and causes increased cancers in the breast and uterus. The newest pill gives you 4 periods a year and is incredibly better for you and leads to a huge decrease in cancer - amazing!

My point is this: there are many on the religion side that say that any form of birth control that interferes with the baby being born is murder. Its been said about the pill. It has been said about the morning after pill. It has been said about the IUD, it is said about abortion. Personally I see it as a spectrum with abortion being much worse for everyone involved than the pill. But many on the antiabortion side do not see it that way. They view it all as murder and against god.

I respect your opinion that abortion is murder. I really do. If I were confronted with this decision, it would weigh on me forever. But, in my own opinion, it is better for a mother to only bring into this world a child that she wants. If not, I am ok with her making the call as to whether or not to have the child. But, I know lots of folks disagree with that opinion.
Old January 5th, 2017, 08:46 AM

I lost my dearest friend and I want to warn you about the horrible effect of anorexia, you won't even recognize person you loved so much.http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/an...es-and-effects
Old January 6th, 2017, 07:46 AM

Greetings! There are a lot of things about our health to be discussed. Nevertheless, I would love to pay your attention to one more disease which is called anorexia: http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/an...es-and-effects
Old January 6th, 2017, 02:48 PM
Rabble rousing since...for a long time

I think abortion should be legal with a few exceptions--such as viable fetuses.

And I also think that all of those people who are so hung up on 'the sanctity of life' and how abortion should be banned, no matter what...well, those people should be raising and supporting financially and emotionally EVERY SINGLE CHILD who is born of a mother who didn't want it.

After all, if you are so fired-up 'pro-life' then you should care about what happens to those children once they are born, and NOT about simply controlling the bodies of women.
Old February 19th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Immoderate
Administrator

Wouldn't it also make sense for sanctity of life proponents to be anti-capital punishment?

"Facts are stupid things."
-Ronald Reagan

Once known as Left-Wing Nutjob
Old February 22nd, 2017, 04:07 AM
Rabble rousing since...for a long time

One would think, no?
Old February 23rd, 2017, 12:07 AM
Immoderate
Administrator

As for my own personal stance on abortion I guess it can seem a little complicated, but it's clear enough in my own mind.

I don't consider myself pro-abortion. I have never personally advised anybody to undergo that procedure, though I can think of a few rare theoretical instances in which I would. I consider myself pro-life in most cases, though i'm against criminalization of almost all abortions.

I do consider myself pro-choice from a political standpoint. Sometimes the choice can be absolutely devastating in either direction. It's incredibly personal, and except in only the most stringent of circumstances, I think that the governments need to leave the decision in the hands of the individuals directly involved in each case.

"Facts are stupid things."
-Ronald Reagan

Once known as Left-Wing Nutjob
« MyPolitics-Forum.com > Politics Discussion > Polls »