MyPolitics-Forum.com

Go Back   MyPolitics-Forum.com > Politics Discussion > US Politics

» Welcome, Guest!
Welcome to MyPolitics-Forum.com, brought to you by the same folks who bring you MyMedia-Forum.com.
Thanks for dropping by! Is the page too narrow for your preference? Once you register, you will be able to set it to your liking! You will need to register before you can post, so why not get it out of the way now? Enjoy! :)

Old May 23rd, 2017, 08:15 PM
Rabble rousing since...for a long time

Default Resist: former CIA Director on Trump/Rusia investigaion

If you wonder why you should care about the investigation, or Russia's attempt to interfere with the presidential elections, former CIA Director John Brennan has an answer:
HECK: I now pose it to you, sir. Not for my sake, but for America’s sake. As someone who has devoted your entire life to public service, in your own words, please tell my constituents, my neighbors, why they should care. Not just here in Washington, D.C., but in Washington state, and Texas, and Connecticut and points in between. Why should they care? Why do you care, sir?

BRENNAN: Because for the last 241 years, this nation and its citizens have cherished the freedom and liberty that this country was founded upon. Many, many Americans — brave Americans over the years — have lost their lives to be able to protect that freedom and liberty.

They’ve lost their lives also to protect the freedom and liberties of other countries and other peoples around the world. Our ability to choose our elected leaders as we see fit is, I believe, an inalienable right that we must protect with all of our resources and all of our authority and power.

And the fact that the Russians tried to influence that election so that the will of the American people was not going to be realized by that election, I find outrageous and something that we need to, with every last ounce of devotion to this country, resist. And to try to act to prevent further instances of that.

And so, therefore, I believe that this is something that’s critically important to every American. Certainly it’s very important to me, for my children and grandchildren, to make sure that never again will a foreign country try to influence and interfere in the foundation stone of this country, which is electing our democratic leaders.
A patriot cares about self determination of their own country, whether they like who won the election or not--THAT is why this matters.

You can watch the exchange here, in case you doubt the transcript.
« MyPolitics-Forum.com > Politics Discussion > US Politics »