MyPolitics-Forum.com

Go Back   MyPolitics-Forum.com > Politics Discussion > US Politics

» Welcome, Guest!
Welcome to MyPolitics-Forum.com, brought to you by the same folks who bring you MyMedia-Forum.com.
Thanks for dropping by! Is the page too narrow for your preference? Once you register, you will be able to set it to your liking! You will need to register before you can post, so why not get it out of the way now? Enjoy! :)

Old May 16th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Rabble rousing since...for a long time

Default Endangering allies

Trump gave classified, 'codeword' intelligence information to the Russian ambassador--a confirmed spy--and to Russian state media people who had not been vetted by the US intelligence community.

Trump's twitter followers are getting, this morning, a lovely propaganda statement about 'humanitarian reasons' for leaking classified information to a foreign power who is, to this day, hostile to democracy in general, and to the US's stated democratic values.

Those followers, and Fox News, will spin his treason every way they can, but, right now, at least one person is being tortured for providing intelligence to US allies, which in turn gave it to US intelligence.

Rationally, what are the chances that those allies will be willing to endanger their people, their agents, and their own countries, on the altar of Trump's stupidity?

For those shrugging and thinking that the US doesn't need intelligence from other sources: if the US didn't need it, there wouldn't be intelligence alliances between the US and those other countries. Those alliances don't exist to 'provide jobs' or for show. They exist because they are essential to protect the US--and Trump just torpedoed that.

MAGA, Trump's flabby orange behind. He is Putin's puppet, and continues to prove he lives for Putin's approval, every day.
Old May 16th, 2017, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Endangering allies

Fake news. And you're not very credible if you truly, actually believe he's working with or for the Russians. Off the charts paranoia...sad!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old May 17th, 2017, 02:41 AM

Whatever lets you sleep at night.

Trump is a puppet--he doesn't work *with* Putin, he's an idiot posturing for his master. There's a difference.

Also, Russia is a country, Russians are the citizens, and Putin is your idiot leader's puppet master. All three are different as well.
Old May 17th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Immoderate
Administrator

Totally have to agree with Azteclady on this one.

Intelligence assets are THEE most valuable assets for both Homeland Security and for global stabilization. Sacrificing just one is unacceptable for many reasons, not least among them that trust is the foundation of intelligence sharing between allies. Trump screwed the pooch hard here, and he did it to tuck himself in tighter with his own vested financial interests.

That's a flat-out conflict of interest. A lot of Trump detractors during the campaign warned us about these possibilities. I thought Trump would allow himself to be surrounded by staff members smart enough to keep him from doing this kind of thing. I'm now starting t become afraid that he'll become the first POTUS executed for high treason. I promise that that's not something i would ever want to see happen, not something i would ever cheer for. Especially with Mike Pence in the wings. My step-father predicted that the Republican powers would give enough rope to hang himself so they could put their own establishment guy on top, and that prediction makes sense.

"Facts are stupid things."
-Ronald Reagan

Once known as Left-Wing Nutjob
Old May 17th, 2017, 04:38 PM

That possibility terrifies me.

However: Pence is as innocent as Bannon, Kuchener, Ivanka, and Trump himself. Any investigative committee will bring that to light. Here's hoping there's one before the orange one starts a war.
Old May 19th, 2017, 06:16 AM
Immoderate
Administrator

No investigative committee will bring that to light because we no longer live in a two-party system. That's the whole reason Trump got elected in the first place!

We live in a totalitarian police state where any citizen can spend the rest of their life in prison based on the testimony of people the accused had never even met, and they don't even have to testify that they saw the accused do anything illegal, or heard the accused conspire to do anything illegal, only that he associated with them. And that predates the "Patriot Act." It's called "RICO."

After watching these two "parties" pursue virtually identical agendas for around 35 years now, does nobody get it?

If Trump wanted job security, he should've taken Bernie as his running mate. Not that dual assassination is out of the question when TPTB are threatened.

"Facts are stupid things."
-Ronald Reagan

Once known as Left-Wing Nutjob
« MyPolitics-Forum.com > Politics Discussion > US Politics »