MyPolitics-Forum.com

Go Back   MyPolitics-Forum.com > Politics Discussion > US Politics

» Welcome, Guest!
Welcome to MyPolitics-Forum.com, brought to you by the same folks who bring you MyMedia-Forum.com.
Thanks for dropping by! Is the page too narrow for your preference? Once you register, you will be able to set it to your liking! You will need to register before you can post, so why not get it out of the way now? Enjoy! :)

Old May 17th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Rabble rousing since...for a long time

Default Conservative paper: news ain't fake.

One of the consistently right leaning/conservative papers in the nation is giving right/leaning/conservative news consumers a lesson on what the press is.

First point: news ain't fake.

If you are one of those people who instantly claim that anything that is not Fox News is 'fake' and a lie to tarnish your brilliantly shinning leader, you may want to take a few minutes off your busy schedule of correcting those lib****s(1) you so despise, and learn how to read and consume news.
For conservatives, hating the media is a reflex, and sometimes a funny one: Speaking on his “Morning Minute,” Sean Hannity once read breathlessly from an Associated Press report on a federal surveillance program, ending with the instinctual harrumph: “The mainstream media won’t tell you about that!” There is no media more mainstream than the Associated Press, which is a nonprofit cooperative owned by its member newspapers, television networks, and radio stations. Its reports appear in practically every daily newspaper in the United States, and big scoops like the one that caught Hannity’s eye routinely lead front pages from sea to shining sea.
Source: National Review.

(1) note: I'm using this here only because that's what right leaning/self-appointed conservatives call ME, and people like me, by that term all. the. time, whenever we express an opinion
Old May 17th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Rabble rousing since...for a long time

Default Re: Conservative paper: news ain't fake.

Conservative mouthpiece Ross Douthat, about Trump:
“Ultimately I do not believe that our president sufficiently understands the nature of the office that he holds, the nature of the legal constraints that are supposed to bind him, perhaps even the nature of normal human interactions, to be guilty of obstruction of justice in the Nixonian or even Clintonian sense of the phrase. I do not believe he is really capable of the behind-the-scenes conspiring that the darker Russia theories envision. And it is hard to betray an oath of office whose obligations you evince no sign of really understanding or respecting. Which is not an argument for allowing him to occupy that office. It is an argument, instead, for using a constitutional mechanism more appropriate to this strange situation than impeachment: the 25th Amendment to the Constitution … The Trump situation is not exactly the sort that the amendment’s Cold War-era designers were envisioning. But his incapacity to really govern, to truly execute the serious duties that fall to him to carry out, is nevertheless testified to daily — not by his enemies or external critics, but by precisely the men and women whom the Constitution asks to stand in judgment on him, the men and women who serve around him in the White House and the cabinet.”
Source: NYT

Oh, for those having trouble with the concepts of real and fake: opinion pieces, such as the one quoted and linked above, cannot be 'fake.' They are opinions, ergo, subjective, and whether you agree with them or not, they are real to the person holding them.
« MyPolitics-Forum.com > Politics Discussion > US Politics »