MyPolitics-Forum.com

Go Back   MyPolitics-Forum.com > Politics Discussion > US Politics

» Welcome, Guest!
Welcome to MyPolitics-Forum.com, brought to you by the same folks who bring you MyMedia-Forum.com.
Thanks for dropping by! Is the page too narrow for your preference? Once you register, you will be able to set it to your liking! You will need to register before you can post, so why not get it out of the way now? Enjoy! :)

Old February 19th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Immoderate
Administrator

Default What's the future of the Trump administration?

My step-father thinks that the Republican party is preparing to impeach Trump and remove him from office as soon as he crosses them, which is inevitable in my opinion. It makes sense, as they have their boy Mike Pence next in line.

I didn't support Trump in spite of not being a big Hillary supporter either. I voted Green again. I would've been fine, i guess, with Clinton 2 as president, with some reservations. Obama was a big disappointment to me, but overall i think he did well. My expectations for his administration were pretty high, maybe even unrealistically high, but even if i'd lowered them to realistic standards, he still would've been a disappointment.

I see some possible positives in a Trump administration. His own ego might lead him to try to create a truly positive legacy for the country; i'll admit it's not very likely, but i think it's possible, and if it happens, he could do a lot of amazingly good things. He's not bought and paid for like pretty much everybody else on Capitol Hill, which gives him unprecedented leverage.

Which also makes him incredibly dangerous to the vested interests. As if he wasn't dangerous enough on his own merits (or lack thereof, as the case may be).

What do you think will come of this administration? Will he ruin the country economically? Plunge the planet into a war that drags our societies back to the stone age? Will we have civil war in the US? Will he lead us into a new golden age? Will he be removed from office before any of that can happen?

Please sound off, i'd like to hear any and all prognostications.

"Facts are stupid things."
-Ronald Reagan

Once known as Left-Wing Nutjob
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old February 21st, 2017, 02:21 PM

Default Re: What's the future of the Trump administration?

Are you disgusted with the racist, hate-filled, misogynistic, bigot who is currently the President of the United States!? Well, so are we, and we want to help empower people to speak out against his hateful actions. Join the movement!

Check out our site here:
[color="red"]<snip>... or not.

Mod Note: You'll have to establish yourself as a regular contributor here before we will allow you to promote other sites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mr Mo; February 22nd, 2017 at 11:09 PM. Reason: removed advert
Old February 22nd, 2017, 03:14 AM
Rabble rousing since...for a long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
He's not bought and paid for like pretty much everybody else on Capitol Hill, which gives him unprecedented leverage.

Which also makes him incredibly dangerous to the vested interests. As if he wasn't dangerous enough on his own merits (or lack thereof, as the case may be).
I consider him a threat to US democracy.

He may not be 'bought and paid' (highly debatable from where I sit), but he's opening himself to the possibility in very public ways: inviting members of Mar-a-Lago to participate in cabinet interviews? Naming CEOs and millionaire donors to high government positions?

Sorry, when you bring all the millionaires and the conspiracy theorists--not to mention the anti-Semites and neo-Nazis-- to the top levels of your administration, you lose all credibility as someone who won't be influenced by vested interests.

Witness DeVos, and the Goldman-Sachs people, and Pruitt, and Sessions, and...

Oh, and calling the press the enemy of the American People (with caps, of course), is too close to "enemies of the state" for my comfort.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:14 PM
Immoderate
Administrator

It hasn't been all one-sided, though. He's reached out to the left as well, and to me they don't look like token gestures. He even has Elon Musk as a personal consultant. I know the guy's wealthy, but he's using his wealth to help humanity and Earth.

I definitely don't want to come across as a Trump apologist nor enthusiast. The dangers are all too real. All i'm saying is that i think there may be reason to hope as well. I don't feel the deep sense of despair that i felt when G.W. won in 2000.

"Facts are stupid things."
-Ronald Reagan

Once known as Left-Wing Nutjob
Old February 25th, 2017, 11:24 AM

Trump, Putin and the new Cold War
Old February 27th, 2017, 11:17 PM

Podcast, The Daily--episode "Carlos's Secret"
Old April 19th, 2017, 11:00 PM

Fairly secure because, for no other plausible reason, the Democrats are in highly visible disarray. President Trump's decision to destroy Syria's abhorrent poison gas capability was a particular turning point universally applauded. Obama dithered, conceivably sacrificing thousands more innocent lives in the process.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Old May 13th, 2017, 09:06 PM

Make America Great Again <3
Old September 29th, 2017, 04:50 AM

I believe the next 8 years will be amazing for the American people if the nonsense and MSM lies finally end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 29th, 2017, 11:42 PM

Well, it's been eight months, and the graft is not only in the open, it's so widespread, it's hard to keep track who's profiting more.

How many cabinet members are chartering planes for hundreds of thousands of dollars for personal business? three, four? Who knows? I don't hear ONE GOP Member of Congress saying one word about it either---because they would do it themselves if they could get away with it.

After all, the orange rump has spend something like 60 days golfing since the inauguration. Yup, the same man who called Obama lazy and swore up and down that he would work 'a lot' keeps vacationing at his own golf courses, charging the US Secret Service and anyone else who needs to see the president over the weekend, for their stays that his own properties.

That behaviour violates the emoluments clause of the Constitution, but we don't hear ONE GOP MoC bring it up, do we?

Grifters are going to grift, and only the willfully blind will think that these statements are lies from the media or the 'coastal elites.'

The orange embarrassment decorated his penthouse at the rump tower with GOLD LEAF, for crying out loud; anyone who thought this was a 'man of the people' needs to spend some time wondering why they would let themselves be bamboozled by such an obvious con.

The future of this administration is to continue to enrich the wealthy, foster further racial hatred, and kill as many of the marginalized as they can get away with.

See Puerto Rico. See pundits wondering why black athletes protesting police brutality over black bodies, have not been shot in the head yet. See the man with his ass in the Oval Office saying that white men carrying guns and Nazi and Confederate--and RUSSIAN--flags while chanting Nazi and antisemitic slogans are "fine people." See the man with his ass in the Oval Office joke with Vladimir Putin--who has killed at least two dozen journalists in his own country--about the journalists to 'bother' trump.
« MyPolitics-Forum.com > Politics Discussion > US Politics »